This is my 1st altered CD I made for a summer swap I am in. The group is miscellaneous. The CD was inspired/scraplifted from Alysia who was inspired/scraplifted from fofee's alterd CD. Thank you both ladies!!!
For those of you who have asked...
I covered the CD w/ embellies and when I was done I decided to add the ribbon and eyelets. I asked DH if he would drill some holes in it for me. He used a 1/8 drill bit. When I was done I realized the printed part of the CD was on the bottom. He started the drill from the side that has the bazzill paper on it. He drilled slowly and it didn't crack. When he was done I sanded the back of the CD bec is still had a little of the plastic advertisement sticking out. I have different eyelets and found that my MM ones work the best. Between the thinkness of the CD and the paper you need an eyelet that will go though and have a little left so you can hammer if down. This is my 1st CD so I'm not sure if the way we did any of it helped in not cracking. For the square brad I punched a hole with my fiskars whole punch. It was a little hard getting the punch out of the CD so next time I will just ask DH to drill a hole.I have 4 more to do, but don't have anymore CDs this one was an AOL that just came in the mail. I will try to do it different ways when I have a couple to play with. HTH :)