This LO focuses on all of the work we had done on our house in preparation for the baby's arrival.
Journaling: "Through the summer and fall we took on a lot of house projects to get ready for the baby’s arrival. Everyone has been telling us to get our projects out of the way early, because priorities shift after the baby is born and projects have a way of never getting finished.
- New lower kitchen cabinets (with more than one drawer for storage — hooray!)
- New kitchen counter, double sink, faucet and garbage disposal
- Tore down wallpaper in our bedroom, the baby’s room, the dining room and the bathroom
- Had all four rooms painted (ceilings, walls and trim) plus kitchen ceiling and cabinets, living room ceiling, front entry ceiling, stairwell and hallway walls and ceiling, guest room ceiling
- Had all upstairs doors (nine total!) stripped and stained
- Refinished upstairs wood floors
- Replaced the vanity and faucet in the bathroom
- Electrical work — new light fixtures and various upgrades in several rooms, plus new outside outlets"