***Due Midnight on January 31, 2009***
January – Joy
I've used the NIV for these verses, because it's what I had on hand. I normally will use NASB, and occasionally the Complete Jewish Bible. You may use your version of preference, but I encourage you to look up your verse in several different translations!
1. James 1:2-3 – Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
2. Isaiah 55:12 – You shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst forth into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
3. Job 33:26 – He prays to God and finds favor with him, he sees God's face and shouts for joy; he is restored to God by his righteous state.
4. Proverbs 14:13 – Even in laughter the heart may ache, and joy may end in grief.
5. Isaiah 51:3 – The Lord will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins; he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing.
6. Luke 6:22-23a – Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven.
7. Romans 14:17-18 – For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.
8. 3 John v4 – I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
9. Philippians 2:1-2 – If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in the Spirit and purpose.
10. Psalm 71:23 – My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you – I whom you have redeemed.