My Great-Grandmother, Jessie Bissell, c.1874. Iíve scrapped this image before, but this design got into my head when I received the April Bella Volo Kit from Swirlydoos and looked at this monthís sketch by Beggahuna.
Also included with the kit as an optional add-on was a Technique Kit stuffed with Dusty Attic chipboard and lots of goodies for altering the beautiful images. I wanted to use some of the Dusty Attic from my hoard as well, especially this clock. Before using this as a mask, I coated it with Distress Stain to darken it. When it was semi-dry, I applied it to the pp and misted away and put it on the side. When I went back to it, I found that the combination of Stain and Glimmer Mist had given it a wonderfully rusty appearance, so I used the same technique on the remaining pieces.
LisaG so generously gives us at least one flower tutorial every month; for April, she designed these stunning Purple Passion flowers http://www.swirlydoos.com/sd_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?83927 that inspired me to end up with what I have here. I embossed and inked the pp before cutting the images, then very carefully (these pieces are very fragile) slightly inked the sides of the petals. I then used my glue gun to fasten the layers together. The centers are Dusty Attic snowflakes that were inked in the same way as the clock.
The pins were very easy: I took a couple of corsage pins and applied alcohol ink to the pearls with a Q-Tip. When this was dry, I glued the beads (all but one on the bottom part of this monthís kit) to the shaft.
To blend it with the rest of the page, I sprayed the Prima flourish with Oriental Poppy Glimmer Mist. I took a couple of the (hidden) pearls off and used them on the corner flourish.