This "Countdown to Christmas" mini-album measures 8" x 6", using a mini-album that came with a travel-themed kit, with a wire binding. Including the inside and outside of the front and back cover, it it 26 pages long - one for the cover, and one for each day of December up through Christmas, to be flipped advent-calendar style. Each page features a different theme or set of embellishments. The decoration on the wire binding is a red and green embroidery floss friendship bracelet I made during the summer of 1998.
In addition to helping me use up a lot of my stash of Christmas paper and embellishments, this album features heavy, heavy use of the "25 Days of Christmas" collection by Little Yellow Bicycle. However, I'd come up with the idea for this album, and many of the page concepts, over a week before I ran into a bunch of stuff from that collection at a scrapbook store's liquidation sale. Well, I picked it up anyway because it fit in perfectly with what I wanted to do, and easily solved the problem of how to get the number on every page.
"Countdown to Christmas" album: December 13
- Background paper from the "Christmas Magic" collection by Fancy Pants Designs
- Reindeer image from a Christmas card received in 2010
- Ribbon from Joann Fabrics
- "Winter Wonderland" panel, "13" sticker, and "13" journal square from the "25 Days of Christmas" collection by Little Yellow Bicycle
- Photo corners by Martha Stewart