The Semi-Annual Die Cutting Sale is Here! Shop and Save Up To 50% on Die Cutting | Details Here.
×

Cheers

Be the first to cheer this project!

Give a Cheer
Give a Cheer
Save

I thought I'd post these just in case they might encourage someone else to try them out. I haven't made them into cards yet, but I've been playing along making the backgrounds.

Most of the first Tyvek samples were painted with Golden Fluid Acrylics. I used a foam brush. This was a lot of fun, especially when I added White Titanium and White Zinc and mixed up the leftover paints. One of the samples was made with the Cuttlebug Smoosh Technique (from Technique Junkies Newsletter). I just brayered the front inside cover of an embossing folder using a Kaleidacolor ink pad and embossed as usual. I ran the folder under water to clean it off right away. I think I should have used more ink.

In the second set of Tyvek, one was made by sponging on Colorbox Fluid Chalk Inks with a wedge-shaped, make-up sponge. The Tyvek absorbs the ink quickly so it isn't as easy to blend the colors without leaving lines behind. I used the Polished Stone technique on the other sample. Again, the inks were absorbed pretty quickly. The Ranger Alcohol inks looked pretty dull so I added a couple of Pinata inks. They're a lot brighter. Still, the overall effect was flat so I added Ranger's Pearl Mixative along with the Pinata inks. That helped.

The last group, obviously, holds some of the cheesecloth backgrounds I made. I used Adirondack Red Pepper on one and various Kaleidacolor pads on the others. The top sample is on glossy cs. Important: Use a foam brayer to apply ink.

I hope some of you will try these out. Thank you to Jan (FarNorth) and Martha (embee) for the challenges. Daria


Report