In 2012, my dd was in 8 dances in her studio's recital. Three were tap dances, two of which were for Advanced Tap, and this is her portrait for one of those. Her class danced to a version of Take the A Train by Billy Strayhorn (made famous by Duke Ellington) along with the girls in the highest level tap class at her studio, Tap E. She's 15 here.
I always do a single page LO for each of her individual portraits that I try to match to the costume and song and a coordinating 2 page LO for the group portrait and action shots from the dress rehearsals. You can see my other completed dance LO's in my Dance LO Album in my Gallery. All the professional dance portraits have been taken by Cass Photography.
This is my example for my August Four Categories Challenge - Category Three ~ Technique: Stitching. I machine stitched in black around the edge of the silver metallic cs. I also hand stitched along the edge of the 'A' circle where I had cut it with my knife to slip the photo behind it. The twist is tickets. I die cut 2 tickets out of silver glitter pp.
This is for: 1) the August Music Challenge - Artist. Of course, the title is a song title, but to fit the Artist category, I am counting 'Train' as the band Train. I used 3 eyelets for the twist.
2) the August Sewing Challenge. I have machine and hand stitching, and for the twist, I used white/silver metallic braid for the hand stitching.
I started with a July 2013 PageMap for this, but it veered off on its own. The color scheme I chose will make more sense if you see the companion LO with photos of the whole group. The four girls in Cassie's class wore costumes with the hot pink accents, while the older girls in the other class that performed the dance with them had neon green accents. I used my Cricut and the Going Places cart to die cut the little cityscape near the top and the subway car near the bottom to give some little NYC touches to the page to go with the song. I die cut the tickets with my Cuttlebug out of silver glitter paper and edged them with a black Sharpie. I used them as a place to include the class level and year. I used the 'A' page out of an 8x8 DCWV Alphabet Stack as part of my title. I cut part of the edge of the circle so I could slide the photo under it. Then I stitched it back down with metallic floss. I used the fringe because of the fringe trim on the costumes.