I created this beer mug shape card for my daughter's father who just had a birthday. I originally wanted to make the beer part of this card a dark beer but I wasn't happy with any of the color choices of cardstock I had. I did have this fabulous Gold cardstock from Recollections, so I went with that. I used a very pale grey cardstock for the mug and a vanilla cardstock for the beer foam.
I used 2 appropriate clear stamp sentiments inside and of course we all signed it. My youngest daughter just entered Kindergarten and is learning to write her name, I think she did very well. (SEE INSIDE CARD PHOTO)
I decided to do the back side of the card too...I thought it would give it a more realistic look. (SEE THE BACK SIDE PHOTO) Oh and the other thing I did to the original image was use the flip feature on my Cricut Expression because he's left handed.
Just to give the card a little dimension I used an embossing folder on the beer foam and added adhesive foam mounts to the back. (SEE THE LAYERS PHOTO)
I used these items to create my Cheers! card:
- Everyday Pop-Up cards Cricut cartridge - beer mug and CHEERS!
- Gold, grey and vanilla cardstock
- Cardz TV Stamps "Good Times" - Here's to You!
- My Craft Spot - Inside & Out - Set #2 stamp set - Happy Birthday
- Cricut embossing folder - Tiny Bubbles - on the beer foam
- Xyron create-a-sticker - CHEERS!
- ATG - adhered the beer mug and beer together
- Everyday Pop-Up cards Cricut cartridge (have had for over a year and have NEVER USED)
- Cricut embossing folder - Tiny Bubbles (last used Feb. 2014)