This is my lo for the JULY SCRAPLIFT THE PERSON BEFORE YOU Challenge. I was lucky enough to get to scraplift Nancy (Claggy). She has such a fun gallery and so many inspiring lo's....inspiration for product use, using "old" products", lo design, color combos, etc! However, when I came across this http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/534177/view/2853263/-1/144/0.html lo of her dalmatian dog, it reminded me of the pics I have of our sons touring a firetruck many long years ago. I'm always looking at those pics and wanting to scrap them, but not knowing what to do with them when I try. Nancy's lo was exactly what I needed!
I grouped my photos a little closer together than the inspiration lo, because I didn't have a cool themed pp for my background and went with black cs, since the firetruck was black. I did the white cs at the top, because the top of the firetruck was white. Of course, I had to have red on a firetruck lo, so I I went with it for almost everything else...except for the title, but I just had to have something chrome-ish, because the firetruck had so much of the silver metal.
I was surprised to find that I didn't have firetruck embellies! The only thing I could find was the one toy firetruck sticker, so I used it even though it wasn't the same red as everything else. Instead of the small, framed photo like the original, I used the slide frame for some journaling info. I inserted a piece of the red cs, stamped the info, outlined the edge with the white pen, then used liquid glass to fill in to try to get the glossy red of firetruck lights. I added some red bling to fill some space and to give more of an idea of the lights, then outlined them with a white pen to help them stand out. I used some old rub-on numbers to add the date.
I stitched my red strip -- as the original had done. I took some patterned, white chipboard alphas and first tried to use the silver distress stain on them, but that didn't work very well, so I tried adding the silver TH alcohol ink, but my scraproom was terribly humid from all the rain we had this weekend, so nothing was drying and I ended up knocking the mat of drying letters onto the floor...most of them went upside down onto the floor, OF COURSE! Ruined my perfectly shiny alphas I was trying to create! When I picked them up, of course, I got finger prints all over them. I set the back on the mat and left the scraproom, figuring I'd fix them in the morning. However, the next morning, I actually liked the way they looked, so I kept it! I didn't have enough alphas to spell "Tour", but I found the little rosette embellie and added the word to it, because it reminded me of something kids might be given as a name tag during a tour. I needed some space filler, thorugh, so I found the square, silver brad to go between the 2 words, then decided to add the red bling at the front of the title, like the lights on the top of the fire engine cab.
I found the wood button embellies with my sons' ages on them, so I used the white pen to add the corresponding name to each button. I, also, used the white pen to add a little bit of journaling..okay, it was really to bring some white down to the bottom of the page. LOL