This is another one of the album cover alterations I did for a client. She has 3 daughters and wanted 3 albums, all with different closures. This is the youngest daughter, Lai'ya and she wanted to have jute twine, like her headband in the photo, for the closure. I used a Prima metal plaque attached to the binding to hold the jute twine in place on the album. The twine is loose on the back but held in place by the roses I colored to match the daughter's headband on the front of the album. I used Prima's Color Bloom in Gilded and a light orange mist called "Happy" that I made using Marion Smith Designs' Color Lab. Again I treated this as a 12x12 base so that it was essentially a LO on the front of the album. In this case, I used part of the album as negative space on the bottom. I adhered everything with an artist's medium so that it would have a strong hold.
A close up of the roses colored to match the baby's headband.