So this is my 1st project in a very long time. I was unable to create anything for over a year. During that time I became a caregiver to my elderly mother. She passed away in early November and I'm still trying to pick up the pieces. I had very little help but for those who have helped me I thought I'd create a little thank you card to show my appreciation.
My inspiration for this card was my Mom's kitchen window and 1 of her cats. She had 5 cats, 3 dogs and 3 fish at the time of her passing and I took them all in. So I now have 11 cats, 6 dogs, 3 fish and a bearded dragon. I feel the image of the black cat gazing out the window into the sky was a reflection of how I, and my mom's beloved pets, feel looking to find her in the heavens.
I used these items to create my card:
• Spring Cottage Cricut cartridge - window cut at 4 1/2
• A Child's Year Cricut cartridge - cat cut at 2
• ZooBalloo Cricut cartridge - clouds cut at 1 3/4
• Fiskers texture plate (carpet) - texture on the "wall"
• Cardstock: white, kraft, black, sky blue
• A Child's Year Cricut cartridge (last used Nov. 2014)
• ZooBalloo Cricut cartridge (last used Jan. 2015) • Fiskers texture plate (carpet) (last used Aug. 2014)
• Cardstock: white, kraft, black, sky blue (last used over 1 year ago)