Shop Sentiments on Sale 10% OFF or More!
Plus, a FREE Gift! Details Here.
×

Cheers

Give a Cheer
Give cheer Give a Cheer
Favorite

Process
I started with some archival inks, because I knew Id be going over the background with texture paste and sprays, and I didnt want the layer of stamping to run. The text stamp is pretty big, so I just stamped random parts of it in random places on the page. For both stamps, I did up to third generation (stamping three times before re-inking) stamping.
Next came the whole reason I went with this style my brand new jar of Ranger Opaque Crackle Paste. My employer participates in this wonderful wellness program that lets us earn points to spend on real stuff (which is apparently linked to Walmart.com and Overstock.com). Ive gotten so many crafty things for free, I just have to do things to be more healthy. Win-win!
Anyway, I just got this jar from my latest points spend, and wanted to play with it so badly! After stamping, I just scraped some paste on in random spots, and left it to dry for about an hour. I know that once it starts cracking, you can finish drying it with a heat gun, but I decided to let it finish without any help from me.
Once it was dry, I sprayed it all over with water, then just touched the end of the spray tube to where it had cracked, and MAGIC! The sprays flooded the cracks and gave me a gorgeous vintage effect.
While the paste had been drying, I decided to experiment with one of my embossing folders. The one I used was a Darice folder, but any folder with a wall theme would work. Using some Potting Soil archival ink, I just touched the ink pad to the raised lines on the folder where the folder would indent the paper embossed a plain white sheet. For the green blotches, I used a piece of old foam packing material (I think it came with my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, actually I liked the texture so much, I cut a piece off and saved it) with Garden Patina archival ink. I gave it a good spritz with water and followed that up with some Prima Deep Teal color bloom spray LOVE IT!
Since I had my diecutting machine out, I cut some butterflies out of Prima patterned paper, and cut the outlines first out of black card stock, but that was just too dark. So, I cut the outlines out of some cocoa-colored textured card stock, and that was gorgeous enough that I could have left it alone. However, Id loved the crackle paste texture effect so much that I decided to coat the butterflies in Rock Candy clear texture paste. They came out even better than I expected.
At that point, I had to call it a night, so I left the whole project to sit overnight. The next morning, I added some heat embossing (Ive never used so many different embossing powders on one project before!), diecutting and distressing. I did get very frustrated with one of my Cricut mats, which had apparently lost its stickiness. Fortunately I had a backup.
The photo
This dog and cat are quite the pair. Abby (the cat) has decided that Princess belongs to her. That is *her* dog. Princess is actually ambivalent about Abby, but she loves to nap on our bed. Abby loves to get wrapped-up in the blankets on our bed. A couple of weeks ago, I caught them hanging out like this and just had to snap a photo of it.


Report
SavedRemovedChanged