This is the result of expirmenting with new techniques. I splurged on Lindy's Stamp Gang products, embossing and magicals. I used watercolor paper & a Tim Holtz stencil to trace the swirls, then used a brush to fill in the outlines. I added some rub-instead for definition and hand inked the lettering and some Tattered Angels Shimmer Mist to add overall color. I then thought the colors too strong, so I gessoed with a sponge. I then stitched the edges, inked and distressed the boarders. The die cuts, butterflies and chipboard were experiments with the Lindy's embossing powders. I stitched some flowers with bead accents and some other empherma. Keeping it energy filled, but somewhat masculine was a challenge, but then again, early nineteenth century concerns over the masculine/feminine were much different than today.