I stamped these images a year ago. I had not planned to use watercolors so I used 80-lb cardstock. A few days ago, I ended up using watercolors and wished I had stamped on watercolor paper. Oh, well. I very carefully painted the images and thought I would just use a red mat and a white card base and be done. However, they just seemed too pristine to me and didn't have much personality. So I did what I did to save my bird cards last year--splatter masking fluid and add a wash of watercolor to the backgrounds. When that was dry and I had removed the masking fluid, I tried splattering some white Liquid Pearls. However, the little bottle was old and the paint was no longer fluid. I added some water, and I was able to use it, but I only used it on one of the eight cards. Then I switched to Wink of Stella to add splatters. It looks pretty cool in real life.
I lined the bottom of the box I used with paper towels. When I saw how pretty they were after splattering all that Wink of Stella, I wished I had lined the box with good cardstock instead. BTW, I started out removing the masking fluid with my finger then switched to that little square adhesive eraser most of us have somewhere in our stash. The eraser did a better job and was easier to use; I'll never use my fingers again.
4 ¼" x 5 ½"
Gina K. Designs Base Weight Charcoal Brown cardstock (card base)
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80-lb. cardstock
Woodware The Holly and the Ivy, JGS423
Versafine Olympia Green ink
Ranger Superfine Clear embossing powder
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors--32, 34, 35, 36 (berries), 54 (ivy leaves), 53 & 58 (holly), 47 (some shading)
[I also tried colors from Hero Art's Daniel Smith sample card; but in the end, I covered everything with a glaze pen.]
Gelly Roll Glaze Pen, dark red
Molotow Masking Refill
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor, #47
Wink of Stella (after removing the masking fluid) I used gold on a couple of cards, silver on a couple of cards, and clear on the rest.