I really struggled with a design for a masculine card but I guess it turned out alright. I haven't been able to go out and craft for a week due to illness and felt like I had no mojo whatsoever. I finally decided on my paper for the card base, using Stamperia's awesome Clockwise collection and forged ahead with no desire really to do anything.
I noticed the chicken wire in the paper and remembered I had a Darice Chicken Wire embossing folder so I decided to use that. After running it through the EF I sanded down the raised edges. I sprayed over it using Tim Holtz Distress Mica Spray. Then I found my chicken wire trim I had stashed away and decided to use that. But first, so it wouldn't looked lost on the background paper, I found a scrap of drawer liner and placed it underneath. I also went with a solid brown scrap of paper to accent under the paper of choice.
I knew I wanted to use some metal on it and ran across the last of my clock buttons from Joann's and grabbed an old key out of my keys stash I got at the local antique mall. Under that is some trim had in my stash and I cut it in three pieces, stapled and glued it underneath. That trim reminds me of microfilm! I stamped my sentiment using Versafine from my sweet friend, Marylou (Meggie'sNana) and hand cut the flag. Although you can't tell it in the picture, I raised it in the middle to look like it's blowing in the wind. And there you have it!