Pictures from our walking tour. This area on Rue Magnolia had several houses. Sorry about the photos being crooked. Want to get these posted before weather worsens. Almost all product - Graphic 45. The blue paper with the mat, title and some writing is Creative Memories scrap and the house die-cut on the right is HOTP. The one on the left is fussy cut from G45 pp.
Journaling (digital): Rue Magnolia (c. 1900 -1910) contains a variety of Neoclassical and Victorian wood frame structures flanking both sides of the walkway. Most of the buildings have been adapted for other uses, but this location maintains a neighborhood feel. Two city parks, Mary Mahoney Park and Margaret Tremmel Peresich Park, are situated on Rue Magnolia.
Cousins House (c. 1910) now Le Café Beignet This building located at the corner of Rue Magnolia and Jackson Street is a fine example of Queen Anne, the most romantic or feminine of Victorian architectural styles. The house is asymmetrical with a front-facing gable and porch that extends across two sides. These are all common features of the Queen Anne Style popular during the late 18th and early 19th centuries
Henriques- Slay house (c. 1902 ) The structure at 128 Rue Magnolia was originally located on the southeast corner of Jackson and Reynoir Streets. The building has a bracketed overhang across the main façade instead of the typical gallery, which is unusual for Biloxi. Such overhangs are numerous in New Orleans, but this is the only extant example in Biloxi.
Creole Cottage (c. 1830) now an Art Foundation This clapboard frame structure dates to sometime between the 1830s and the 1870s. Its importance lies in the use of an early Louisiana folk plan often referred to as French Creole. The structure was originally located at 127 Lameuse Street and housed the first free library in Biloxi until 1927 when a new library was constructed.