So this is the pocket letter that I made for Elizabeth as part of Jess's autumn pocket letter swap! I wish the images had come out better... I'm sorry there is a slight blur to them all.
I had originally decided on the Graphic 45 Wizard of Oz paper, but as I sat down and began to start the process of creating that paper just didn't sing for this particular project. So after some self deliberation I decided on the Graphic 45 Botanicabella Collection. I hadn't gotten to work with it yet and am so glad I finally did! I also incorporated some of the G45 Seasons collection into it as well which really pulled the whole fall theme together. The piece of paper on the back of the cards is from Paper Studio Family Tree pack.
I made the tassel first which is a collection of chain, thread, ribbon and yarn. There are several embellishments which were all painted with metallic acrylic paint. I then attached that to a gold lobster claw.
For the cards I started by running some black AC texture cardstock through my crimper them cut that down to the 2.5x3.5 size. I then cut down a piece of tan AC cardstock and a spring green Bazzill Basics card stock into 2.325x3.325 pieces. I then spritzed these with Lindy's spray ink. Then I took the pinstriped piece of paper from G45 and the tree paper from PS and inked them and embossed them. I also took some of Prima's clear crackle and applied it, but it didn't turn clear and it didn't crackle. I've always had such great success with it but this time it was a no go. It does tend to separate and I'm thinking maybe I didn't stir it enough before application.
Next I fussy cut the images and assembled the flag. Everything was fairly strait forward in that regard.
After the background paper was dry I cut it into 2.125x3.125 pieces and assembled the cards. I started with the back and then placed the cards in the sleeve and turned it over and did the fronts of the cards one by one so I was sure to get the order right! I used Aleen's tacky glue and I actually let the cards dry in the sleeve which actually kept the cards from warping!
The shaker was made with foamboard that I covered with cardstock and then acetate.
Finally I used some ribbon on the side and glued it down with Glossy Accents and in the end it didn't hold so I stabled it in place. I placed a gold jumpring in the top hole and attached the tassel that way.
Thanks for looking everyone!!! If you have any questions please feel free to ask!