Sharing a new layout I just finished using Blue Fern Studios Eclectic Charm paper collection once again. I used "Charmed", "Friendship", "Wisdom" and a few pieces from the ephemera pack.
I fussy cut the image of me and my two handsome sons because the background was off-white walls, taken at our church, and it just whited everything out.
I made all of the flowers I used here, diecutting them first and then using my stylus balls and mat to shape them. They are all cut from scraps, with the exception of the large, intricate gold flowers. The die for those was from my sweet friend, Marylou, along with the dark blue paper. (Thank you!) I tried to match them up as best I could with the flowers on the paper at the top.
Both butterflies are Reneabouquets and the lower glittery one was actually a happy accident! I posted a close-up of it. It started out a pale yellow color and I decided I wanted some of the dark blue on it, so I first used TH Distress Mica Spray in Tarnished brass to match the colors in the paper, then used his Distress Ink refill in Faded Jeans. Well, it really came out bold looking so I used some alcohol blending solution. Then I thought to myself, how dumb, I didn't use alcohol inks on it! Soooo, I then took my Diamond Chunky Glitter Glass from RB and glued a bunch over the top of the dark blue. That gave me my end result and I do like it!
Under the "Traditions" ephemera is an old earring I got from the local antique mall. Other buttons were from my stash.
The necklace on the left is part of the paper and I used Zing Clear embossing powder to bring out the jewels better.
The pretty and intricate flourishes are wood from Scrapiniec that I embossed with Zing Gold EP. I am entering this in the Use Wood Veneer challenge as well as the mixed media, stickers, scraps and stamping challenges. I framed the picture with what was left of a frame I diecut for a prior project. I had to cut it down to a smaller size to fit over my picture background. Once I completed the layout I covered the picture and sprayed the entire piece with TH Distressed Mica Spray in Tarnished Brass to give it a sheen. It is difficult to see in the picture but I like the end result.
I also posted a close-up of the stick pin I made awhile back.