I finally tried alcohol blending on vellum. I only had this one piece that I felt I wanted to work with as a sea theme. I labored over what to do, and finally just sat down and started to work.
I decided silver would be great to compliment the panel, but I also found that the alcohol color panel only showed well on a white base. So, I die cut two frames smaller than my base, one in silver foil and one in blue cardstock to nestle and then glued to my panel. A scary process, for if I messed up, I didn't have another panel. Fortunately, I got away with it. Then I glued the whole lot to my white card base, with glue behind the frames so it wouldn't show through the vellum.
I used silver embossing for the sentiment (it worked very well), and stamped the lighthouse and birds with StaZon, figuring it would be the best for the vellum panel. I sped up the drying time with my heat gun. So happy the vellum I used is sturdy and I had minimal warping.
I added embossed and die cut seashells using silver foil cardstock for embellishment. I used foam dimensionals to give them a little more depth.
I think the card came out ok. I hope it goes through the mail ok.
Most of the supplies I used were Stampin' Up!, including the Friends Are Like Seashells stamps, dies, and embossing folder, and the Sailing Home stamp set.